My poor, neglected blog is in desperate need of an update – Ask and you shall receive 🙂 I’m going to dedicate this post to the spirit of Thanksgiving first though. Yes, I realize I’m late.. Better late than never, right?
This year I have so many things to be thankful for. I’m truly blessed and couldn’t ask for more. Here goes…
I am thankful for:
- My Life. Yes, I know that’s pretty broad, but it’s true.
- My husband. He is the most supportive man and I am so lucky. He’s helped me through so many events this year.. Starting this surrogacy journey and everything involved, surviving the loss of my Papa, raising our kids and so much more. He’s been the shoulder I could cry on, the strong body I could lean against when I couldn’t stand on my own, the ears to listen to my endless rambling and the love of my life.
- Our beautiful daughters. God has truly blessed me with the most amazing children. They are the light of our lives and have this uncanny ability to brighten days, hug away fears, kiss away sorrow and make it all okay. They are growing up so fast and never cease to amaze me with everything they are. I’m so honored to be their Mommy.
- My family. This year wasn’t easy for us but we banded together and are making it through, one day at a time.
- My friends. They might as well be family – I couldn’t ask for more. You know who you are. You’ve let me vent endless times, shared the ups and downs of life, supported me unconditionally through this amazing journey and never asked for anything in return.
- My surrosisters. I’ve “met” so many amazing women who I can ask a million questions and always get an answer. You’ve supported me, allowed me to support you, and formed a bond unlike any other. I am so thankful for my Sassy Sisters and the girls over at AAS.
- My IFs. Esteban & Michele, you’re amazing. I hope you know how blessed and honored I feel to be the one you are allowing to take care of your precious angels until they are ready to go home. You could have picked just about anyone – Any girl would be SO lucky to have you as IFs – But, you picked me. You’ve allowed me to become part of your family and embraced my family as your own. You might be in a different country but you haven’t let that stop you from being involved in your sons lives on a daily basis. You are always concerned not just for their health, but for mine as well. And you don’t have to be – But you are. You are going to be the most amazing Daddies. Davide & Gabriel are so lucky. I can’t wait for the moment when you get to meet them for the first time. Thank you for letting me play a small part in that 🙂
- My surrogate agency, Fertility Miracles. The ladies there are amazing. I’ve heard horror stories about agencies that are either completely for the IPs and are terrible to their surrogates, or the other way around. Not this one. They genuinely care about IPs and surrogates. My coordinator Elena has been there every step of the way. She came to the embryo transfer with me, came to a baby shower for Esteban & Michele, checks in on me several times a week, helps E&M prepare for the arrival of their sons and is just an amazing person. I can’t imagine not having the support system that I do.
- My blog readers. Yep, you. I don’t know who all of you are (feel free to comment and say hello!) but thank you. Thank you for taking the time to read about this amazing journey. Thank you for sharing in our excitement.
I hope that everyone had an amazing Thanksgiving however you spent it. ❤